The Idea Challenge: Do you have the best one?
Posted by Becca Coleman on August 19th, 2019
The Idea Challenge is seeking entrepreneurial thinkers and great ideas. The deadline is approaching to enter into the local competition that could be the launch or advancement of your new business!
The Idea Challenge is an annual contest where individuals in the Eau Claire Area can submit their idea for a new product, service, or process. Entrepreneurs and inspiring entrepreneurs submit their ideas to The Idea Challenge where the Eau Claire Area EDC then walks them through the process of taking an idea and moving it into the marketplace.
Launched by the Eau Claire Area Economic Development Corporation in 2007, the Idea Challenge has been supporting local entrepreneurs and innovative thinkers within our community for over a decade. In 2011, thanks to The Idea Challenge’s sponsor, Northwestern Bank, the Idea Challenge was able to offer cash awards and reimbursements to the top rated contestants.
Guidelines & Details: Want to know more?
- Ideas must be pursued within the boundaries of Eau Claire County, Wisconsin
- Ideas submitted must be for a new product, service, or process. This includes services that are available in other communities but are currently unavailable within Eau Claire County.
- Ideas can be submitted in any stage of development, from the initial idea stage to already operational businesses.
- Individuals can submit more than one idea annually
- Ideas already submitted can be re-submitted in subsequent years
- Deadline to apply is October 1, 2019.
- Submit your application to https://www.eauclaire-wi.com/entrepreneurs/idea-challenge/
What could you win?
$5,000 Grand Prize in reimbursable business expenses – awarded to 1 idea
$1000 Support Prize in reimbursable business expenses – awarded to 3 ideas
$500 Finalist Prize cash – awarded to 5 ideas
Follow the link to apply. All applications reviewed by the Eau Claire Area Economic Development Corporation and then some contestants are moved onto the next phase which includes presenting their idea to The Idea Challenge Partner group.
Updated by Becca Coleman, Project Manager, Eau Claire Area Economic Development, email@example.com