The Idea ChallengeAdd to Report
What is the Idea Challenge?
The Idea Challenge, sponsored by Northwestern Bank, is an annual contest ran by the Eau Claire Area Economic Development Corporation that assists entrepreneurs in taking their idea and making it a reality. This is a free contest that accepts ideas in any stage of development for any new product, service, or process.
All applications are confidential and ideas remain the property of the applicant.
- $5,000 Grand Prize in reimbursable business expenses awarded to 1 idea
- $1,000 Support Prize in reimbursable business expenses awarded to 3 ideas
- $500 Finalist Prize cash awarded to 5 ideas, these 5 ideas go on to compete for the Grand Prize
- 3 months Flex Membership at Co-Lab, 312 S. Barstow, Eau Claire, awarded to 2 ideas
- Ideas must be pursued within the boundaries of Eau Claire County, Wisconsin
- Ideas submitted must be for a new product, service, or process. This includes services that are available in other communities but are currently unavailable within Eau Claire County.
- Ideas can be submitted in any stage of development, from the initial idea stage to already operational businesses.
- Individuals can submit more than one idea annually
- Ideas already submitted can be re-submitted in subsequent years
Applications taken all year, 10 minute Business Idea pitches will be scheduled monthly, June - October.
Deadline to apply is October 1 to be considered for December Finalist Competition.
applications received after this date will be automatically entered for the following year's Idea Challenge
Finalists are determined in November
Final 5 individuals present in December
Grand Prize Winner Announced in December
Submit your idea today!
Ideas can easily and confidentially be submitted online by clicking the email below. Each idea will be reviewed for market feasibility. A staff member will contact you via email in the next few days regarding next steps in the process.
If you do not receive an email within 7 days, please call us at 715-834-0070
Idea Challenge Proudly Sponsored by