EDC's Strategic PlanningAdd to Report
The Eau Claire Area EDC developes 3 year strategic plans to provide and expand our wide range of services designed to meet business needs—now and into the future. Our focus is on you and we’re committed to driving measurable growth through a plan that outlines clear performance measures.
Click here to read the Strategic Plan, 2020 Vision
2020-2021 EDC Goals
- Publish a comprehensive digital map of all available industrial, commercial and large undeveloped residential properties in the County.
- Launch CEO Leadership and Peer Groups to solve high-level problems within the community.
- Increase Business Retention & Expansion Calls.
- Collaborate with regional economic development.
- Be the connector in the local startup community.
- Identify workforce needs and work with community partners to promote solutions.
2018-2019 EDC Accomplishments
- 92 Business Retention calls on businesses located in Altoona, Augusta, Eau Claire, Fairchild, and Fall Creek
- 3 successful projects, in Gateway Business Park, resulting in $5.5 million dollars of building evaluation
- 3 Idea Challenge products launched into the marketplace, another 14 entrepreneurs being assisted with their idea
- 111 entrepreneurs assisted through EDC hosted initiatives & events
- 6 site visits from businesses looking to expand or relocate in Eau Claire
- $12 million projected in private investment & public sector funds secured for local businesses
"I applaud the Eau Claire regional workforce intiative for recognizing and acting on the need to collaborate with both private and public sectors to address regional talent. Their efforts demonstrate a strong, forward-thinking commitment to their communities and youth."
- Robin Kroyer-Kubicek, DPI Career Pathways Consultant