Business Plan DevelopmentAdd to Report
Lean Startup Model
The Lean Startup Method allows startups to invest their time into actively building products or services to meet the needs of early adopting customers. By using this method, startup businesses are able to shorten their product development cycle and quickly determine the most feasible path towards market fit.
- Problem: What problem will your company/product/service solve? How does that change after talking with potential early customers?
- Solution(s): Outline potential solutions to each problem and existing options available
- Key Metrics/Measurements
key numbers that will be vital to your business growing :List
- Unique Value Proposition: Clear statement providing
with customer of how you are different understanding
- Customer Segments: List target customers/users – who are likely early adopters?
- Channels: List your path to customers
- Revenue Streams: List your sources of revenue. Who pays you?
- Cost Structure: List fixed and variable costs
Business Plan Development
To receive business financing from friends, investors, and or financial institutions; a traditional business plan will be needed. This vital part of the business process typically has the following components:
- Executive Summary
- General Company Description>
- Products and Services
- Marketing Plan
- Operational Plan
- Management and Organization
- Personal Financial Statement
- Startup Expenses and Capitalization
- Financial Plan/Projections
A business plan template that allows you to answer questions is available through SCORE (Senior Core of Retired Executives). The link to the template is on the right side of this page.
Market Research Tools
- View Retail Trade Area statistics in our Resource section
- Explore Census Data
- Bureau of Economic Analysis
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Center for Technology Commercialization
- U.S. Department of Labor
- Wisconsin Innovation Service Center
Business Plan Assistance
Online tools are great.
Face-to-face meetings are even better!
Clicking will open a new window where you can download the document.