Local Partnership, Three Foodies LLC, Wins 2017 Idea Challenge Grand Prize!
Posted by Eau Claire Area EDC on January 2nd, 2018
The Three Foodies LLC was awarded the 2017 Idea Challenge Grand prize of $5,000 towards business expenses for their Eau Claire food tour. Michelle Lien, Amanda Olson, and Nick White presented with the other finalists in the Idea Challenge in December.
The Idea Challenge is an annual contest, sponsored by Northwestern Bank that helps meet the need of local entrepreneurs who requiring assistance in making their ideas a reality.
Christina Wasson, Project and Marketing Manager of the EDC explained,
“One of the unique things about Eau Claire is our strong and growing entrepreneurial community. Every year the Idea Challenge Partners and the Eau Claire Area EDC enjoy working with these individuals who have innovative ideas through the Idea Challenge.”
Lien, Olson, and White form the Three Foodies LLC, a partnership that will be offering a food and history tour of downtown Eau Claire. The Eau Claire Food & History tour is a walking tour that will stop at several different restaurants/establishments providing a tasting at each stop while also providing a look into downtown Eau Claire’s rich history. The tour will be professionally guided so it’s the perfect blend of culture, food and fun.
The five Idea Challenge finalists that presented for the $5000 Grand Prize – in no particular order – are as follows:
- College Admissions Planning Calendar by Lessa Scherrer is part calendar and part college admissions guide that will help make the college admissions process simple for you and your child.
- GIF Skin by Adam Shilts is the world’s first self-powered, wireless, and customizable digital sticker.
- Ketch by CeCe Ketcham is a modern lifestyle luggage line designed for the busy ceos and professionals for business and fitness. It’s a multi-functional luxurious, timeless bag with 35 features unlike any other luggage in the open market and focused around the technology and active lifestyle.
- Kid’s Hand Buddy by Traci Lashley is a fun and interactive way to hold hands. An interesting product to keep your child safe and close by you.
- Three Foodies LLC, a partnership among Michelle Lien, Amanda Olson and Nick White, will be offering a food and history tour of downtown Eau Claire. The Eau Claire Food & History tour is a walking tour that will stop at several different restaurants/establishments providing a tasting at each stop while also providing a look into downtown Eau Claire’s rich history. The tour will be professionally guided so it’s the perfect blend of culture, food and fun.
Previous businesses that received assistance through the Idea Challenge include Chip Magnet Salsa – which has now grown and offers not only salsa but chips and sauces, Earthbound Environmental which has brought the ability to recycle organic waste for both our residents and businesses; Gorilla Dumpster Bags – who continues to thrive in our community and offers an environmentally friendly, cost-effective alternative to the traditional steel dumpsters; and last year’s winner the Kinsel System, a modular shelf system.
The Idea Challenge is an annual contest, sponsored by Northwestern Bank, open to any individual or company with an idea for a new product or service (shown: Gerald Jacobson, President of Northwestern Bank). The EDC accepts applications for The Idea Challenge year round and is currently accepting applications for 2018.
Apply online now at theideachallenge.com Ideas submitted to The Idea Challenge by individuals and companies are reviewed by a group of technical assistance providers, called The Idea Challenge Partners, to help determine if it is a feasible concept. Any idea that has potential will be given individual attention to help advance it to the marketplace.