Nominations for the 2016 Paragon Award are Being Accepted
Posted by Christina on December 7th, 2016
The Eau Claire Area Economic Development Corporation (EDC) is now accepting nominations for the 2016 Paragon Economic Impact Award. The Paragon Award is given annually to a local business that is a model of excellence in economic development of the Eau Claire area.
To be eligible for the award, a business must reside within the City of Eau Claire or Eau Claire County. Nominees will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Creation of new, quality job opportunities
- Recent expansion of an existing facility, construction of a new facility, or substantial investment in capital equipment
- Contributions to increasing the overall tax base
- Commitment to the continued education and training of employees
- Support or involvement in a broad range of community economic development activities
- Innovations in the development of new products or technologies
As the recipient of the first Paragon Economic Impact award in 2002, Royal Credit Union (RCU) has sponsored this award ever since.
“RCU was pleased and honored to be the first recipient of the Paragon Award,” said Rudy Pereira, CEO of Royal Credit Union. “Recognizing companies that are making an impact in our communities is important. Good news is exciting and motivating. It’s rewarding to know that eleven companies have been honored for the tremendous impact they have made in providing new quality jobs, new technologies, facility expansions, and building a better educated and trained workforce. RCU is proud to sponsor this award and pleased that the EDC continues to award it.”
Nominations are due by January 3, 2017. Only basic information is required for nominations.
Nominate a Business Today!
The 2016 winner will be recognized at the EDC’s Annual Luncheon on February 20, 2016.
Past winners include: Dynamic Fitness and Strength (2015), JAMF Software (2014), Indianhead Foodservice (2013), Hi-Crush Proppants (2012), LLC, and Bush Brothers & Company (2011).