Finalists Announced for the 2015 Idea Challenge Contest
Posted by Christina on October 22nd, 2015
The five Idea Challenge finalists that will be presenting in December for the $5000 Grand Prize have been announced. These five finalists – in alphabetical order – are as follows:
- Aunt K’s Natural Healing Powders by Kay Widule: FDA approved, all-natural therapeutic powder for the treatment of various skin conditions including diaper rash and insect bites.
- Gorilla Dumpster Bag by Steve Faacks and Chris Hansen: the biggest, toughest, strongest dumpster bag anywhere in the U.S. – designed and engineered right here in Western Wisconsin.
- TenFour Team Trucking by Jonathan Summerford, Jordan Campbell, Justin Vajko, and Andy Albarado: an app that enables truckers to pick a co-rider based on specific traits to increase productivity during long-ride hauls.
- Wave Stability Bar by Adam Shilts: a new and innovative technology in exercise that will improve the quality of life of everyone from beginners to well-seasoned athletes.
- XanScan by Nick Marzofka: Captures and catalogues physical collections in 3D, allowing museums and cities to preserve and share history digitally around the world.
These five finalists will present in December for the $5000 Grand Prize that is reimbursable toward business expenses. This year saw an increase in the quality of applications submitted to the Idea Challenge – as Patrick Gaetjens, Project Manager of the Eau Claire Area EDC, explains:
“This year’s Idea Challenge applications were very high quality – making it difficult for the Idea Challenge Partners to choose the final 5. While everyone wasn’t able to make the finals to compete for the Grand Prize, the Eau Claire Area EDC continues to work directly with all the applications that have market viability to assist them in advancing their ideas.”
The Idea Challenge is a contest open to any individual or company with an idea for a new product or service. The EDC accepts applications for The Idea Challenge year round and is currently accepting applications for 2016. Apply online now at theideachallenge.com
Ideas submitted to The Idea Challenge by individuals and companies are reviewed by a group of technical assistance providers, called The Idea Challenge Partners, to help determine if it is a feasible concept. Any idea that has potential will be given individual attention to help advance it to the marketplace.
The top five ideas submitted are eligible to win money and additional business support. These awards are made possible through a generous sponsorship by Northwestern Bank. All ideas remain property of the applicant, unless otherwise agreed upon by all parties.